We tried a new venue, the Atherton Leisure Centre. Once the disappointment of coffee not being available from the cafe was overcome it was deemed a success by our turnout of 11.
- The main concern was the poor to outright dangerous temporary provisions for cyclists on CS2 at the Stratford Gyratory, Letts Rd, and Strand East works.
We decided to invite TfL, local Councillors and Newham officials on a ride to experience the difficulties for themselves.
- We will respond to consultations concerning planned works at Dames Rd, Tollgate Rd and Pier Rd. All illustrate the lack of a coherent approach to cycling in the borough; and the TfL plans for Pier Rd are simply poor quality, with token and ineffectual cycle provision.
- We had a preliminary discussion on LCC proposed campaign around the local elections on living streets and areas without through traffic. Both are significant issues in Newham.
- We discussed and progressed our ride programme for 2018.
- We welcomed two cycle workshops in and around the borough, at Leytonstone Road and in the Community Garden at the eastern corner of Honor Lea Avenue.
- The bike maintenance training for women is fully subscribed and will go ahead this autumn.
- Our next meeting will be primarily social. watch this space for details